cable catenary measurements jun16
The cable catenary survey was done on 14,15
jun16 using a laser scanning device.
The plots show the az,za positions as well as the tiedown tensions
during the measurements:
- top frame: azimuth position (dome side) vs hour of day
- The blue dashed lines are when the measurements were taken
- 2nd frame: the za position vs hour of day.
- The black trace is the dome za
- the red trace is the ch za
- bottom frame. Tiedown tensions vs hour of day
- the tensions are the sum of the two cables on each corner.
- black: td 12
- red : td 4
- green: td 8
- I corrected for any bad load cells.
- The labels tell the time, and tensions at each measurement.
- I shifted some of the requested times so that they aligned
with the specified az,za positions that the telescope was
supposed to be in during each measurement.
13mar16 measurements (.ps) (.pdf)
14jun16 measurements (.ps)
15jun16 measurements (.ps)