Compare DigLowPass filter shapes
Jeff mock supplied 6 different types
of filters to use with the high resolution mode of the mock
spectrometer. They are:
The filters were generated with jeffs program
(pnet_mkdlpf_coeff). Plots were made of the time domain voltage
response as well as the frequency domain power response. A
decimation of 10 was used for the filter decimation. this gave a
filter length of 80 coeff.
The plots compare the
filter shapes for these filter types (.ps) (.pdf)
- Top: time domain voltage response. Each color is a different
- middle: spectral density reponse for each filter
- db scale
- the band edge is flagged at +/- .05
- Bottom: blowup of the spectral density responsee.
- The frequency response of the various filter types are over
- The rectangle has the narrowest response.