- Arecibo Observatory Contributes to the Exploration of Black Holes Started by this Year’s Nobel Prize Winners in Physics19 Nov, 2020
- UCF Delivers Engineering Options for Arecibo Observatory (AO)16 Nov, 2020
- Management Update (October 12, 2020) by Director Eng. Francisco Cordova13 Oct, 2020
- Summer Student Assists in Development of Newest AO Facility01 Oct, 2020
- STAR Academy: Training the Next Generation of STEM Professionals 29 Sep, 2020
- Management Update (August 11, 2020) by Director Eng. Francisco Cordova29 Sep, 2020
- Management Update (August 28, 2020) by Director Eng. Francisco Cordova29 Sep, 2020
- Arecibo STAR Teachers29 Sep, 2020
- Hunting for the Mysterious Origins of Fast Radio Bursts28 Sep, 2020
- Girls Educating Girls 28 Sep, 2020
- Cassini Data Solves Mystery of Arecibo Radar Signals on Titan28 Sep, 2020
- How to Build an Asteroid11 Sep, 2020
- A Holistic Approach to Understanding Asteroids11 Sep, 2020
- Sharing the Connection: Arecibo’s Planetary Radar & NASA’s OSIRIS-REx Mission to Bennu10 Sep, 2020
- Analyzing Gravitational Fields Around Small Bodies in Support of Future Spacecraft Missions09 Sep, 2020
- Broken Cable Damages Arecibo Observatory11 Aug, 2020
Byadmin05 February 2020 Astronomy
This year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories will conduct virtual Observer Training Workshops between October 13th and 16th. The Arecibo observer training workshop will be held on Oct 15th and 16th, 2020, with the Green Bank training taking place on Oct 13th and 14th.
This is a great opportunity for graduate students and Astronomers to be trained to remotely use the Arecibo and Green Bank telescopes and process the data.
Check the most updated schedule here
Use the following link to find the instructions on how to connect to the session and which tools will be used for the workshop.
Registration pages are now open! We invite you to attend both workshops, but you must register for each workshop separately. You may also register for only one of the workshops if it better suits your interests.
NOTE: Participants who register for pulsar may be asked to choose a different topic, as these projects are filling quickly.
Due to the continued health threat and uncertainty caused by the coronavirus COVID-19, there will be no annual in-person AO/GBO Single Dish Workshop in 2020. We plan to continue the Single Dish Workshop in 2021.
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory