Sources of Radio Frequency Interference (RFI)
- Wireless (turn wireless off on your computer and phone so they do not transmit)
- Cordless telephones
- Remote mice and slide advancers
- Mobile phones: Edge, 3G, 4G, LTE...
- Microwave ovens (keep your radio observatory petryon-free)
- Flourescent lightbulbs (compact flourescents as well)
- Hairdryers with DC motors (AC okay)
- Electric shavers or trimmers?
Anything with a switching load above 2 amps
- toaster ovens
- electric blankets
- electric bug zappers
- touch controlled lamps
- CRT monitors
- anything with a de-gaussing coil (we <3 flatscreens)
- DC motors (food processors)
- air conditioners
- anything with a circuit board
- electronics in general (rather than electrical things)
Audio and visual
Thank you for keeping our airwaves clean.
- electronics camera shutters
- video cameras