p3029 with puppi.
23jan16: cal spectra come out rotated.
p3029 was using the 430 Mhz dome receiver and
Their observing was;
- 90 sec winking cal (40ms) scan. folded at cal period
to give 10 records
- long scan of 8 bit search data..
- repeat the 90 sec winking cal scan
The winking cal used the hardware 40 ms cal.
Plotting the data showed that
the cal scans were wrong (.ps) (.pdf)
- page 1: frames 1-4. stokes i,q,u,v spectra averaged over the
- This included the cal on and cal off
- the spectra are not centered at 430 mhz. This is
independent of the cal on,or off.
- Bottom frame: the total power for each stokes I spectra
- You can see the cal turning on,off with a 40 ms period.
- the red lines show the cal period..
- These are the 10 folded spectra.
- Page 2: rotate the cal spectra by 512 channels.
- the data acquisition took 2048 channels, and then recorded
1024 of these channels.
- Top Frame: I rotated the averaged i,q spectra by
512 channels and then over plotted them. You can now see
the receiver bandpass.
- Bottom frame: the u,v spectra were rotated by 512
channels and then over plotted.
- Page 3: 1.6 sec average spectra from the search data.
- frames 1-4 show the i,q,u,v averaged spectra. They are
- both of the 90 sec cal scans returned spectra that were
not registered correctly in frequency.
- This must be a problem with the puppi setup (the if/lo
places the center of the band at 750 Mhz)..
- The search data were recorded correctly.
- I checked the cima _server log for this date and did not
see any errors reported during the configuration.
- During test time we should repeat this setup and check that
the cals are registering the spectra correctly.