A2599: dps with 327,430 MHz rcvr
A2599 is using double position switching on
sources using the 327 and 430 MHz dome rcvr. The wapp spectrometer
is used to record the data. The setup is:
The full dps processing was done to each dataset:
- 25MHz 4096 channels polA, polB in sbc1,2
- 12.5MHz 4096 channels polA,polB in sbc 3,4
- 1 second dumps
- 300 secs on,off source, 60 secs on , of calibrator.
Data taken at the end of july showed that the polA baselines were
not as stable as the polB baselines. This has been seen in earlier
datasets (more). The problem was thought to be the radar/radio
astronomy switch for the dome.
- average onsrc, offsrc, onbp,offpb
- compute onsrc-offsrc, onbp-offbp
- compute on/off= (onsrc-offsrc)/(onbp - offbp)
- there is a 422 to 440 MHz rf filter in the system. Ignore the
results outside of this range.
- For the plots:
- black is pola, red is polB.
- top frame is the 25 MHz spectra, bottom frame is the 12.5
- The vertical scale is in units of the calibrator flux. This
makes is a little hard to compare different sources. You
should probably compare the amplitude of the ripple with the
on 11aug11 shows that the problem is not the
The plots show: