Punta Salinas blanking sector
Punta salinas blanks their radar in the AO
direction. Back in 2006 we did
a test with them checking various blanking sector widths. Prior and
after this test, the blanking region was set to 90 degrees ( +/- 45
degrees in the AO direction).
In nov13 I noticed that the blanking had
been changed to 22 degrees. Using a2130 data i searched back
to see when the blanking changed.
The plots below show total power vs time for the mode A frequencies
of punta salinas (1232.8,1242.2,1248.9, 1257.0). 1.3 Mhz about
each radar frequency was used.
- Each plot has 5 12 second rotations plotted for a single
- The horizontal scale is blown up around the blanking
- The blanking time and number of degrees is written on each
- punta salinas blanking sector changed from 78 deg to 22
degrees sometime between 14may12 and 22jun12
- It has remained at 78 degrees at least through 26nov13.