Kips per platform inch.
The tiedown kips per platform inch was measured
on 18oct10 around 11:00 am. The process was:
(inches pulled down)
The plot shows these motions (.ps)
- Top: tension from each of the 3 tiedowns
- center: total tension from the tiedowns
- bottom: platform height for the 3 moves
- Pulling the tiedowns 8.8 kips moves the platform 1 inch
- moving the tiedown cables 1.7 inches moves the platform 1 inch.
- Putting 8.8 kips on the platform will move the platform down less
than 1 inch:
- the weight moves the platform down
- This releases some of the tension on the platform from the
- The net weight (weight + tiedown tensions) is less than when
just pulling on td cables by 8.8 kips.
- The platform also ends up higher than when just tiedown tension
is increased by 8.8 kips.