We are exploring using an fmcw lidar
system (chirped lidar) to survey the primary reflector.
180302: computing the range resolution
the range resolution vs distance for an fmcw lidar (.ps)
- This is my first attempt at trying to figure out the range
resolution of a fmcw lidar.
- The pntTime is 1/pointsPersec. I use it as the duration of
the chirp (ignoring any flyback and position times).
- Looks like it depends mainly on the chirped bandwidth.
- decreasing the points/sec just flattens out the variation
- I've used values that were quoted from a company providing