Puerto rican labor law,
indemnity for discharge without cause:(title29:185a-m) (.pdf)
people discharged from their job without just cause. The sections are:
- 185a: Salary, years of service
- 185b:Just cause for discharge
- 185c:Order of retaining employees
- 185d:Computation of indemnity.
- 185e:Definition of discharge
- 185f:Transfer of going business, duties of employers
- 185g:Allowance for compensation and indemnity
- 185h:Probatory work contract, perrequisites.
- 185i:Right of compensation unwaivable.
- 185j:Deductions on indemnity
- 185k:Pleading: contesting by employer.
- 185l:Prescription of rights.
AO employees should probably take a close look at 185f.