Plots of warmup and cooldown times
for lbw 16K and omt stages:
lbw warmup (.ps) (.pdf)
the warmup, cooldowns (.ps)
- lbw failed three times between 20jun08 and 01jul08
- . The crosshead was replaced on each warmup.
- On the second two cooldowns, the omt cooldown rate
flattened out around 180K instead of going all the way
down to 80K
- 03jun05: cooldown times (.ps) (.pdf)
- The lband wide dewar was cooled down on 03jun05.
- The pump had been turned on the day before.
- The cooldown started about 9am 03jun05.
- 02dec12: cooldown times (.ps) (.pdf)
- the lband dewar was cooled down on 01dec12 starting
- the 16k stage started cooling normally (see previous
- After 15 minutes of cooldown, the 16K stage switched to
cool at the same rate as the omt stage.
- The 16k stage was around 270K when this happened (the
temp that water freezes).
- it took > 36hours for the 16K stage to cooldown
(previous 16k cooldowns took 1.5 hours).
- It stopped around 40k (15K is normal).
- around 8am 03dec12 someone did something to the
cooling, and the 16k stage jumped down to24k (still
- It looks like the 16k and omt are not thermally
- 07dec12 cooldown times (.ps) (.pdf)
- The lbw dewar was cooled down on 07dec12.
- insulation had been wrapped around the omt before the
dewar was re installed
- the 16Kstage took about 1 hour to cool down.
- This is very different than the 02dec12 cool
down (> 36 hours)
- the 03jun5 cooldown took about 1.5 hours.
- The omt temp was still dropping after 2