31may16: 6 ant on sky @ 80KW
We ran with 6 antennas on sky at 70 to 85
KW. Testing went from 9:30 to 12: to 12:10 am on
- Data was recorded from the ch receiver using the interim
- the telescope was parked at:
- gr az=285, fch az=105, ch za=8.8, ch dome=11.
- We phased the array using the file: rhcp_2.hfsynth
- 09:30 -started to bring up all tx
- 10:44 pulsing start: 1 on ,2 off
- then we ended up aborting rf syn gui
- 11:41 pulsing start: 1 on, 2 off
- 11:46 pulsing stopped.. used 5 minute timed pulsing
- 12:12 stopped
rf synth levels
and totpwr from ch receiver.
The log file from the gui driving the
rfsynth was input and plotted vs hour of day.
The plots contain:
Synlog and ch power (.ps) (.pdf):
- amplitude (db below full scale). Each tx in has a separate
- the phasing used
- The total power (computed from the 25 MHz,, 1 sec interim
correlator dumps) was over plotted (db above Tsys .. with an
offset for display)
- The dashed green line shows when the rf was cycled on and off.
- Page 1: entire run: 9:30 to 12:12
- Top antenna drive (db full scale).
- The red line shows the ch power (db scale)
- bottom: phase for each tx.
- This was right hand circular. we did not change the phase
during the run
- Page 2: blowup of 11.2 to 12. hours
- lots of arcing around 11.94 hrs.
carriage house spectra and dynamic
over plotting the spectra:
25 MHz 1sec dump spectra were taken with the interim
correlator during the entire run.
The long range receivers were selected.
ch spectra 11.8 to 12.2
- the harmonics of 5.125 MHz are flagged.
- The harmonics did not appear at the expected
frequencies...they are about 1 mhz low at 430
- that implies that we were transmitting 1/84 = 12Khz or
- pol A and polB where averaged..
- the elevated spectra are from 11.94 hours.
dynamic spectra 10.7 to 12.2 hours
The first image shows the dynamic spectra
scaled to 5 sigma (.gif)
- the horizontal lines around 10.8 was when we were pulsing 1 on
, 2 off.
rf drive and output power. tx output
drive and total output power (KW) where plotted for the 3
hour run (ps) (.pdf)
- Each transmitter is plotted in a separate frame
- The black line is the kilo Watt output power (as measured from
the rf coupler).
- the red line is the rf drive (linear scale).
- I scaled it so that the maximum output value we used was 80.
- The green and blue lines are pulsing on and off.
- Page 1:
- top tx 1
- middle tx2
- bottom: tx3
- Page 2:
- top: tx4
- middle: tx5.
- bottom: tx6
- Note that when the pulsing finished, the output power
increased (to above 100kw)
- it dropped down as the tx warmed back up.
- tx 4 didn't show this because i rapidly dropped the drive
(the reflected power was pushing 10.5kw)
- drive when at max power (11.6 hours before final pulsing
- These values are in rhcp_160531.hfsynth on ~hf of hfctrl.
- Saw a large change (20%) in output power when pulsing (1 on ,
2 off) was stopped (while drive remained constant).
- this was during the day with the room tx building very warm.
- When pulsing started we could feel the change in temp (it
- the jump in output returned to the previous value in about 2
<- page up