A TR electronics distomat (llb-60-D) was installed
It was located adjacent to distomat 6, measuring the distance from the
rim road to the platform corner retro reflector.
Specs from datasheet/manual
- measuring range: .05 .. 500m with targets
- measuring accuracy
- +/- 1.5 @ 2sigma (600,610) with
- +/- 3mm @2sigma (601,611)
- time for measurement (.15 .. to 4secs)
- Light source:
- lamda 620..690 nm
- beam divergence .16 x .6 mrad
- pulse duration .45 ns
- radiant power: .94 mW
- Working temp: -10 to 50 C (max 45C in tracking mode).
- Spot diameter:
- 5m: 4mm
- 10m: 8mm
28apr11: LLB-60-D distance measurements .
28apr11: LLB-60-D distance measurements.
On 28apr11 distance measurements were made with the
tr llb-60-D. It was setup to measure the distance from the
rim road (distomat 6 location) to the retro reflector at corner 12 of
the platform. . The setup for 28apr11 was:
The plots show the measurement
results (.ps) (.pdf)
- data taken : 17 to 18 hours ast
- az=270, dome=5 degrees/
- tiedowns turned off.
- Sample as fast as possible (s0h) .. (it think around .15
- Page 1: Distance versus time
- the rms is about .8 mm
- This assumes a sampling time of .15 seconds
- Page 2: spectral analysis of distance data
- compute abs(fft(distance))
- The sample period was assumed to be .15 seconds
- There is a strong peak at 2.08 second period.
- the distance measurement has a 2 second ripple with
an amplitude of about .5 mm. This may be the platform oscillating
- Need to redo the measurements specifying the sample period.