gpib over Ethernet
gpib over Ethernet devices interface
gpib buses with Ethernet. We currently have
- National instruments gpibenet 100.
- used for
- dewar monitoring. located in the rfi box in the right blue
cabinet on the rotary floor.
- galfa spectrometer synthesize. located in control room
racks. This is driven by jeff hagens gpibsock routine.
- K&H filters baseband filters. the gpib to enet is
located in the receiver room racks
- Proglogix gpib-Ethernet controller
- used for:
- drive synthesizer for puppi. Located in puppi rack
- control the rfi hilltop monitoring. Located in rfi shack
on the hilltop.
There is code for vxWorks and for linux
- vxWorks: /home/phil/vw/devs/gpibenet/
- gpibELib.c - written by me to interface to the
- esp..c - NI
routines. modified by me.
- The main mods are to make the table of devices reentrant so
different vxWorks tasks can access it.
- Config file: /home/online/vw/etc/gpibenet.cfg
- holds all the gpibenet names, addresses,etc.. contains
more than 1 gpibenet device.
- Linux: /share/megs/phil/svn/aosoft/src/vwconvert/gpibenet
- gpibELib.c - my routines to interface to NI routines
- NI routines.
- Any program using the linux version loads all the gpibELib,
- There is no global knowledge of other programs using a
device on the gpibEnet gpib bus. This looks like how
NI has patterned it. The vxWorks code has a global routine
(for each vxWorks cpu) that knows what is in use.
- this will probably get moved in the future
Prologix gpib to ethernet device