The parameter data read from
The 12meter uses CTemerson controllers to
control the motors.
- there is 1 controller for each motor (2 az, 1 el)
- Each controller has 3 plugin modules
- el : encoder, motor processor, i/o module
- azMaster: encoder, motor processor, i/o module
- azSlave: central processor, motor processor, ethernet
The central processor (module 1 in the
slave processor) is the main controller. The addresses to
access the 12meter system reside in this processor.
The individual motor processors have there own memory
addresses with configuration info. These can be accessed
indirectly through the central processor.
There are a few programs to dump the
parameter info in the different processors
- The programs are located in
- dump_adr -
- The program reads the data from a set of
addresses (all in the central processor) and then
outputs the address, value to stdout.
- the user inputs a file of labels and
central processor addresses.
- This can only read info from the central processor
- dump_node -
- The program reads addresses from the various nodes
(el,azmaster,azslave, central processor)
- It uses the indirect addressing mode through the
- The -n (azm,azs,el,cpu) specifies which processor to
read (def is el)
- the routine outputs the address and values read.
- A number of scripts can output various sets of data.
- The scripts are located in
- The scripts use address files in
- reads data for all the variables marc has specified in
volume 1 operations and maintenance manual.
- It outputs the info to p12m_progadr.out
- Descriptive names are used for the addresses (rather
- dumps all menus (from the central processor).
- addresses are labeled as mm.nn
- the output file is p12m_menu_all.out
- output the diagnostic data that is mapped into the
- The output goes to p12m_diagdata.out
- The routine does not request the most recent data
- Read all of the data from the 4 nodes
- for each node, the data goes to a separate file:
- Some addresses may not be valid for particular
- The output data files are now being kept under svn, so
later runs can see if any data has changed.
the parameter data: