IDL is the recommended data-reduction package for Arecibo spectral-line data.
The different back-ends produce different data format. Information on the header information can be found in the following places:
- Mock spectrometer standard FITS format headers
- Mock spectrometer PSRFITS format headers
- WAPP CIMAFITS format headers
- Interim Correlator IDL headers
Where's My Data?
Note that these directories contain a very large number of files, you are strongly recommended to use ‘ls *〈projid〉*’ to find your files.
- Mock spectrometer data should be in /share/pdataN/pdev/ (where N = 1 - 14)
- WAPP spectral line data should be in /share/wappdata/
- Interim Correlator data should be in /share/olcor/ or /proj/〈projid〉
Converting Interim Correlator Data
Fixing WAPP CIMAFITS Data
Legacy Data Reduction Packages
These packages are not actively supported and may no longer work.